The funds available for financial assistance are made possible through the generosity of our members and donors in our YMCA Annual Campaign. We believe a strong sense of ownership and pride strengthens if the recipient has contributed to the cost of their Y involvement, so applicants are asked to pay some portion of the fees.
If you know which financial assistance offering you're looking for, you can select from the list below and go directly to that section.
Download an Application
The Y works to nurture the potential of children and teens, improve the nation's well-being and give back and support our neighbors. Because of our annual giving campaign, we're able to offer assistance to those in need so they can experience our child care programs, Y facility memberships, youth sports and other Y programs. Financial assistance is based on a sliding scale. Applicants that qualify for 4-C subsidy assistance must use that in lieu of Y assistance.
Applications must be complete and have all required supplementary documentation in order to be processed. Completed applications will be processed within 7-10 business days. Approval letters will be sent via email or mail. Renewals must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the expiration date or you will be responsible for the full fee.
Membership and Programs
If you are interested in applying for Financial Assistance for Membership or Programs, please stop by your local YMCA branch or call 502-587-9622 and request a confidential application.
You will be asked to provide the following documents:
- of the most recent 1040 Tax Return for all adults (above age of 25) in the household. If you do not file taxes, you may obtain an IRS transcript by calling the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-829-1040 or go to www.irs.gov
- Security Award Letter(s) or Disability Letter(s), in lieu of Tax Return.
- Photo ID
School-Age Child Care Financial Assistance
Childcare Financial Assistance Contact
Please direct financial assistance applications for child care programs and other subsidy inquiries to:
Bullitt County YMCA
409 Joe B. Hall Avenue
Shepherdsville, KY 40165
2411 Bowman Avenue
Louisville, KY 40217
YMCA Camp Piomingo Financial Assistance
At the YMCA's Camp Piomingo, we offer income-based sliding scale scholarships. These scholarships are based on your family’s income, and funds are limited.
Camp Piomingo offers these additional fee reductions:
- Multi-Week: $50 off each additional session after first session registered.
- Sibling: $75 off for second and any additional family members (in same household).
- YMCA Member: $60 off each registered camper if there is a current family membership to the YMCA.
- Military: 15% off for each registered camper if there is an active military parent/guardian.
Note: Scholarships and fee reductions apply only to summer overnight camps and may be limited.